Pages

Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Why Go? Wednesday Spotlight: Ashley Hafer


The LORD directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.

Psalm 37:23 NLT



As for most of the Visiting Orphans participants, the trips are a major role in God’s overall plan for their life. As for Ashley, her life will never be same after her trip to Kenya and Uganda.

“Traveling to Uganda and Kenya with my VO team was truly a life changing experience for me”, explained Ashley.

An unexpected encounter with Ugandan children touch her heart deeply and illustrated God’s great love for us all.

“As we rounded the corner towards the church, we saw so many little ones. As soon as they saw us coming, there was a pause, then they came running”. She continued, “These children were charging at us with a desire for us to hold them and love them. They ran to us, grabbing at our hands and propelling us forward, so we could sit with them in our laps”.

It was then Ashley realized the bigger plans God had for her life.

“At that moment, I was undone. I knew that even as I returned home, I would never be the same. A change took place in my heart over my trip. Although it was just two weeks long, God used that short time to prepare me to move to Uganda”.

Moving to Africa never crossed her mind prior to that. However, she exclaims, “God knew what He was doing when He put me on that short-term team. He lovingly and patiently prepared me, step-by-step to move here”.

It has been a little over a year since Ashley has moved to Uganda, but she knows God has ordered all of her steps.
Ashley traveled with Visiting Orphans
on a Kenya/Uganda trip in June of 2013






No comments:

Post a Comment